Lauren Stinson has more than 20 years of experience providing clients with expert advice, planning and training on sales and use tax issues including overpayment reviews, nexus, exemption certificates and voluntary disclosure agreements. She is founder and president of Windward Tax, a consulting firm specializing in navigating manufacturers through sales and use tax compliance laws and regulations. Lauren is a Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI). This is the highest level of professional achievement in sales and use taxation. She also serves on the Tax Committee of the Georgia Association of Manufacturers.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax specialist by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page “Comment” feature (or other posted contact options), subject to disclaimer at bottom of page. Additional contact options are also available on the blogger's associated Firm Profile.
Posts by Lauren Stinson
Manufacturing & Distribution Posts by Lauren Stinson
- Direct Pay Permits for Manufacturers - Good Idea?
- Manufacturing Purchases: 5 Sales-Use Tax Basics for Purchasers and A/P
- Manufacturing Exemption Misconception: Everything is Tax Exempt!
- Manufacturers’ Utility Studies: 5 Approaches to Utility Exemptions
- Manufacturing Sales & Use Exemptions: Open to Interpretation
- Use Tax Exemptions Case: Non-Traditional Manufacturer in Missouri
- Manufacturing Sales Tax Exemptions: Are Suppliers Entitled to Them?
- When Should Manufacturers Pay Sales Tax on a Lease?
- Should You Give the Auditor a Plant Tour?
- Sales Tax Exemptions for Consumable Supplies Vary by State
- Nexus for Manufacturers Part 4: Best Practices for Compliance
- Nexus for Manufacturers Part 3: Inventory Location
- Nexus for Manufacturers Part 2: Secrets About Sales Agents
- Nexus for Manufacturers Part 1: Activities Beyond Your Four Walls
- Manufacturing Sales Tax Tips - Inspired by Shakespeare
- The New Year's Resolutions Every Manufacturer Should Make
- Are There Sales Tax Exemptions In Those Storage Tanks?
- Material Handling Exemptions: What Manufacturers Need to Know
- Sales Tax for Manufacturing Storerooms: Best Practices
- Manufacturers Find Tax Savings in Sales Tax Training & Teamwork
- Manufacturing Exemptions: Understanding the Boundaries
- Will New Sales-Use Tax Incentives Spur Manufacturing Growth?
Georgia (GA) Posts by Lauren Stinson
- Sales Tax on Labor: In Georgia, Not All is Created Equal
- A Review of Georgia's Sales Tax Exemption Certificates
- Georgia's New Rule for Itemization of Sales and Use Tax
- Georgia FBA Sellers: Your Sales Tax Registration Obligations
- Georgia DOR Is Making Big Changes to Direct Pay Permit Rules
- Do Georgia Not-For-Profit Organizations Pay Sales Tax on Purchases?
- Exemption Certificates: How Georgia's Good Faith Standard Burdens the Seller
- Drop Shipping: What is Georgia's Sales and Use Tax Policy?
- Georgia Direct Pay Permits: Proposed Changes Not Business Friendly
- Tax on Repair Labor in Georgia: Sales Tax Savings Possible!
- Georgia Tax Changes: Many Begin in July
- Are "Sales Tax Free" Promotions Legal in Georgia?
- Sales Tax Updates from Georgia Legislative Sessions
- Who is Georgia's New DOR Commissioner?
- Georgia Exemption Certificates: Online Verification Now Possible !