Lloyd Geggatt graduated from Bates College with a BS in Biology and from San Diego State University with an MS in Taxation. He joined Avalara in January 2010 upon the merger of his previous company, Taxcient with Avalara. At Taxcient, Lloyd was Director of Compliance for four years following his retirement after 26 years experience as a sales and use tax auditor with the California Board of Equalization. During his time with the Board, Lloyd specialized in such areas as legal audits, fraud auditing, United States Government contractors (Aerospace) and the Tax Amnesty program. Lloyd also served as an instructor to the audit staff and was responsible for the field training of new auditors. Lloyd currently lives in Kilauea, Hawaii.
Posts by Lloyd Geggatt
Audits and Sales Tax Posts by Lloyd Geggatt
- Software Audits for Buyers & Sellers – and the 3 Key Questions
- Luxury Audits: Empty Boxes Full of Champagne Wishes & Caviar Dreams
- Sales Tax Audits: Actual Basis Approach Can Result in "Win-Win".
- What Auditors Should Understand About Outsourced Sales Tax Returns
- Auditing Sales Tax Credits: An Auditor's Top 2 Considerations
- Auditing under Main Street Market Equity Fairness Law
- CA Sales Tax Audit Notes: Government Contractors’ (3 Ply) Exemptions
- Industry Tax Audits: Finding the Beef in Planes, Trains & Automobiles
- Oh The Audit Places I Have Been...
- Audit Notes: Sales Tax Exempt or Just Non-taxed?
- Audit Programs Based on Sales-Use Tax Reporting Methods
- Auditing Bars: Time for the Undercover Pour Test
- Auditing Consumer Use Tax: Techniques to Consider
- Auditing Consumer Use Tax - Why So Difficult?
- Sales Tax Audits: Is Your Business A Target?
- Sales Tax Audit Notes: Creative Accounting I Have Seen
- Sales Tax Audits: If Nothing Goes In, What Can Come Out?
- Surviving a Sales Tax Audit: First Impressions Matter
- The Auditor's Mantra: The More You Help Me,The More I Help You