Monika founded Miles Consulting Group in 2002. The firm helps clients navigate multi-state tax issues such as sales tax and income tax consulting, taxability reviews, audit support, and credits and incentives reviews as companies do business across state lines. Prior to forming Miles Consulting, Monika worked for over 11 years for a Big 4 firm. Her professional affiliations include the AICPA, National Association of Women Business Owners, and the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance (formerly ASWA), where she has served in many capacities, including National President (2011/2012). She has been published in The Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, and contributes to other professional publications. Monika has served as a speaker for various organizations such as AFWA, San Jose State University, CPA Academy, and Strafford Publications, as well as providing technical webinars and customized training for CPA firms. Monika graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) with a BBA in Accounting/Finance and has an MST from San Jose State University. For more information about Monika or Miles Consulting Group, visit www.milesconsultinggroup.com or her state tax blog - or e-mail Monika Miles.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax specialist by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page “Comment” feature (or other posted contact options), subject to disclaimer at bottom of page. Additional contact options are also available on the blogger's associated Firm Profile.
Posts by Monika Miles
California (CA) Posts by Monika Miles
- Reminder: California Manufacturers' Sales Tax Exemption
- Technology Companies and the California Partial Sales Tax Exemption
- CA Board of Equalization: Changes to Sales-Use Tax Administration
- SaaS Taxation in California - An Overview
- CA District Taxes – Are You Calculating the Full Rate?
- Business Donations in CA: No Free Lunch When It Comes to Use Tax
- When Is Food Taxable in California?
- Resale Certificates in California: Proper Documentation is the Key
- Partial Exemptions for Manufacturers in CA (Do you Qualify?)
- Welcome to the California State Sales Tax Blog!