Following her years as an Auditor for the State of Texas, Silvia served as tax manager for national companies in manufacturing, retail and technology industries. Silvia holds an MBA from the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University, a Graduate Certificate in State and Local Taxation from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee and a BBA in Accounting from the University of Texas. Prior owner/developer of CertCapture, Silvia is now Chief Certificate Officer at Avalara.
Posts by Silvia Aguirre
Exemption Certificate Mgmt. Posts by Silvia Aguirre
- Exemption Certificates for Federal Government Purchases
- Marketplace Fairness: What Does It Mean For Exemption Certificates?
- Will Oregon Start Charging Sales Tax? If So - Are You Ready?
- Canada is Bringing Back Exemption Certificates!
- Louisiana Changes State Forms to Include Parish Exemptions
- Business Acquisitions: Why Sales Tax Due Diligence is a MUST.
- Exemption Certificates in Illinois and Missouri: Similar Rules Apply
- Maryland Exempt Organization Issued Forms Set to Expire
- Louisiana Resale Exemption Renewals - Important Update!
- The State Tax ID Number - Is it “Good-Bye” to “Good Faith”?
- A New Twist on Exemption Certificate Collection…
- SD Streamlined Sales Tax Certificate – NOT So Streamlined
- The MTC Sales-Use Tax Certificate Is the Easiest Form to Use IF…
- Tired of Renewing Your Florida Resale Licenses? My Wish List...
- THE List of Sales Tax Exemption Certificate Expiration Periods?
- Sales Tax Exempt in Mississippi? A State with No Forms
- Internet Retailers & Sales Tax Exemption Certificates. Hmmm...
- Georgia Supports Streamlined Sales Tax - But So Far It's BYOF
- Exemption Certificates Quiz: Buyer, Bill-To or Ship-To...?
- Main Street Fairness and Exemption Certificates.
- Quick Access to Exemption Certificates.. Make it Easy!
- Making Your Exemption Certificates Web Accessible.
- SST Streamlined Exemption Certificate. It Just Makes Sense...
- Sales Tax Exemption Certificates - The Ideal Process...