Welcome to the AUDITS and SALES TAX blog which features commentary by Lloyd Geggatt, a former sales and use tax auditor who spent 26 years with the California Board of Equalization. Lloyd Geggatt is currently Product Manager for AvaTax Returns and SST at Avalara, Inc. He joined Avalara in January 2010 upon the merger of his previous company, Taxcient with Avalara.
Comments or questions may also be submitted to the featured sales tax specialist by viewing any of the linked posts (below) and using the on-page "Comment" feature (or other posted contact options), subject to disclaimer at bottom of page.
- Audits and Exempt Sales: “Good Faith” vs “Four Corners” Standards
- Avoiding Sales Tax Audit Assessments: 4 Tips
- Software Audits for Buyers & Sellers – and the 3 Key Questions
- Luxury Audits: Empty Boxes Full of Champagne Wishes & Caviar Dreams
- Sales Tax Audits: Actual Basis Approach Can Result in "Win-Win".
- What Auditors Should Understand About Outsourced Sales Tax Returns
- Auditing Sales Tax Credits: An Auditor's Top 2 Considerations
- Auditing under Main Street Market Equity Fairness Law
- CA Sales Tax Audit Notes: Government Contractors’ (3 Ply) Exemptions
- Industry Tax Audits: Finding the Beef in Planes, Trains & Automobiles